Sunday, October 23, 2011

Police Academy's Michael Winslow Doing His Thing - Video

When I was younger I loved the Police Academy movies. Most of all I loved the characters, all of them, but to be true there was one in particular that I was amazed by and tried to emulate, much to the annoyance of many a friend or family member. That character was Sgt. Larvelle Jones, and the actor was the "Man of 10,000 sound effects" - Michael Winslow. I've had the pleasure of meeting the man himself at a con a few years ago too.

You can probably find hundreds of Youtube vids of Michael doing his incredible sound effects online, but this one below came up recently and features Michael utilising his talent to pull of a fantastic version of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" on the Norwegian talkshow Senkveld med Thomas og Harald. Some might find it mediocre, but I think it's amazing... Just look at the talkshow host's faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...